Friday, July 20, 2007

Interesting Pics and the Webb

Ya'll are probably thinking that I spelt web wrong as in the inter-web...WRONG. Webb is actually Anderson Webb, my very good friend of many years and he's getting married tomorrow!! YAAA! Congrats man!

Oh! I'm going to the wedding and I am taking my camera, can't help it, I'll try my best not to upstage the offical photographer...Just joking ;-) (but he better be good)

I'm busy all this weekend and lots of stuff is happening as usual. I got that letter from BPTT officially inviting me to prize giving ceremony so my pops and I will make our way down, I'll give a full update in another post after the ceremony.

Ok now for some random interesting pics taken between March and July this year. I hope me explaining how I took them doesn't reduce the "magic" of the photos.

A dove and baby chick

One of my co-workers absolutely hates the pic because of how the chick looks...I think its beautiful. This was taken out of a window on the second floor of a building. Even though the breeze was blowing heavily and the small tree was swaying the bird stayed completely still.

Camera: NIKON D50
Focal Length: 300 mm
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure: 1/100
ISO: 800

A young Rastafarian man sitting and overlooking Port of Spain, Trinidad

This was taken without the man even knowing, its one of those random walk by and shoot pictures. The man pictured was selling craft items with his friend in a place you call the "lookout" on Lady Young road P.O.S. you can see the Twin Towers in the distance. Fortunately for me I actually spoke to him soon after taking this pic. Cool fella.

Camera: NIKON D200
Focal Length: 70 mm
Aperture: 4
Exposure: 1/1250
ISO: 320


A young boy on the fast ferry

This was taken on the boat heading from Trinidad to Tobago. I was trying to catch a nap and this "small man" was running all over the place making noise. Needless to say when I couldn't beat him...I joined him. I asked his mother if I could take a few pics of him, and she was like "Yeah, sure". So recorded him doing various antics and at the end I gave her my contact, just in case she wanted to get the pics...haven't hear from her yet.

Camera: NIKON D50
Focal Length: 50 mm
Aperture: 1.8
Exposure: 1/1000
ISO: 400

Car overturned on the Solomon Hochoy Highway

Heading to the office at 5:30 am (darn traffic) and there is a deadlock right before the Piarco Airport turnoff. Inching for about 20 minutes and finally get up to the point where I can see what the hold up is. Dont know the story, but this car and a veggie transport van are overturned on opposite sides of the highway...Vegetables EVERYWHERE! Soooo...while in motion I whip out my weapon of choice and shoot away, one hand on the steering wheel of course (Kids don't try this at home).

Camera: NIKON D50
Focal Length: 70 mm
Aperture: 4
Exposure: 1/80
ISO: 800

No comments: