Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bye Jase...Sniff*

My VERY good friend Jason Reid is leaving for the US to study this month.
Jason in his hometown in East Trinidad

Why is this important?...well Jason is like my little brother (even though he's older than me, I'm bigger and taller than he is ;-) and we went to Technical School together and he is responsible for me buying my first DSLR and starting on this path of photographic enlightenment.

Truncated version of the story;
He came to my house to show me his new camera, I didn't know what kind it was, but when he walked through the gate and he pulled this shiny, black instrument of beauty out of his bag, the heavens opened and when I held it, the angels began to sing and it was at that point I knew I had to get one. That was in 2005.

Since then we have been working together on various projects together, I call him my photographic wingman. All of the pics of me on my site were done by him (freebie!) When we aren't shooting he does his fine art thing and I do my graphic design thing but we are always connected by similar values and passion.

So do well Jase! I'm here holding the fort till you get back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jason I wish you all the best in the future.