Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BPTT Photography competiton: Update

Just came back from the prize giving ceremony at BPTT. My pops and I, we made our way down. The display was nice they had over 500 entries- fierce competition indeed.

A guy who's work I like, James O Connor founder of caribbeanstockphotography.com was a judge.

There were three categories
  • Student
  • Amateur
  • Professional
and a Student, a girl won the overall best photo prize and won the student category to boot!(You go girl!)

The photo that won the professional category rocked.

Sigh...this was all kind of bitter sweet for me, a merit prize is nice but...you kind of wish you could have done a little better.
AH WELL
next time I wont take such a nonchalant approach...

Onto another matter.

My pops with my "meritorious" photo


Me accepting a undiclosed amount of cash...;-) pops took this pic (He did well for an amateur (You can see on the screen there that they displayed the wrong photo...they eventually fixed that.



James O Connor took this photo...drive by shooting "point and shoot" he says, its not focused on me though.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did they say amateur?
Well done sweetypie