Thursday, July 12, 2007

In with the Best!

In a very short time, through tons of reading and even more tons of practice and some equipment purchases, I've blazed and INCREDIBLE path of development in photography.

Moving from a 3 mega pixel no optical zoom canon A300 to a 10.2 mega pixel Nikon D200 and soon to unto other upgrades, I've got my eye on...well...you'll see. Digital has truly leveled the playing field.
I mean, I've only been at this seriously for a year and a half now (Although I studied photography school, I didn't even get a camera till two years after I left school) , I did my first wedding in February of last year And now I've been accepted to the WPJA,.

One of my favorite images from the Tarin and Lorenzo wedding gallery @ flowfoto.com

For all those who don't know what the WPJA is, its the Wedding Photojournalist Association, an exclusive global organization of highly skilled and creative wedding photographers who do wedding photo documentary. Now I'm in their ranks.

Now my work will be listed, displayed and compete with the likes of Carlo Carletti, Hum Kim and not to mention Ben Chrisman who is my current standard and one of the top ten wedding photojournalist in the world according to the WPJA.

I'm the third in the Caribbean to be accepted and the first from Trinidad and Tobago.

I would like to thank my wife for her support, Jason Reid for his encouragement and everyone who chipped in along the way.

Lastly...THIS ROCKS!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW Juma... Congratulations. I cant say I'm at all surprised... i remember when you mentioned this to me I didn't know it would happen so quickly though.

Just one more reason to be so glad that I booked you when I did.

Congratulations Again... like I say your work speaks for itself.