Monday, November 5, 2007

Shoot with Ayinde - High ISO, Large Aperture and a side of Flash

So one of my partners in crime Ayinde, asked to me to go on a shoot with him on Sunday last in Port of Spain. I was looking forward to do the shoot with him since I had nothing on and wanted to just "connect" with another photog. So Here's me thinking I was going to assist with the shoot, but when we got there I realized that I was only the "muscle" cuz Ayinde didn't want be cavorting with thousands of dollars worth of equipment all around the city at night by himself...yeah it was a night shoot.

So in keeping with all things good and not having to assist Ayinde, I kinda shot the shooter. Yup, and it was gooooood. Shooting a photographer is always interesting you kinda get to see what you look like in action...well, in some part. Plus you get to practice with a subject in a photo journalistic context with out being eyeballed all the time. Sweeet.

Here are some pics.

You really have to give your self to the environment to get the shot you want...here I am lying on a pavement in Port of Spain to get this low angle shot...ahh the smell of all things sewage

checking the angle.

Checking the shot, another angle, excellent rim lighting.

Love this colour version, look at the railing in the bg, the perspective is wicked.

The streetlight makes for excellent back lighting and this gave the photo extra depth.

This was a long exposure, with a double flash.


Profile..getting the shot.

No stress...just waiting on a long exposure.

Getting low for the right angle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... great shots... I love them... great looking guy ;) Hotttt!!!!!!!!!!