Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm in Caribbean Belle - My first Magazine Interview! Yaaaaaa!

I've been keeping this quiet for a bit because I wanted to manage expectations and my anticipation but now that its out I can say...Yaaaaaaa!

A few months ago I was contacted by Salisha Baboolal of image-engineer (image-engineer.com) to do a Movers and Shakers interview with Caribbean Belle Magazine for their wedding edition.

Very Kewl.

Apparently Simone of Trinidad Weddings suggested me (Thanks Simone!) She's doing great work at trinidadweddings.com.

Well the Magazine is finally out and the article rocks!

Well as you know due to editing and phrase restructuring some things were slightly adjusted but Salisha managed to keep the integrity of all my responses so its pretty much me, which to me is more important that being in the magazine in the first place. I was glad I didn't have one of those "Waitaminnit! I didn't say that" experiences.

I really want people to go out and get the magazine so I'll only give a sample of one of the interview questions here.

BELLE: So why did you choose wedding photography over other fields?
Juma: I wanted to do something that was relationship oriented. Wedding photo Journalism - telling your story via your wedding pictures - gives me the chance to work with real people and real personalities. I try to capture my couples pouring out their hearts and translate that pictorially for them.

This is the actual magazine and article.


On the Cover: T&T Miss World and Miss Universe Ladies in Heather Jones no less


The actual article, with a few of my favorite pics over the past year.


I was really impressed with this caption, had no idea Salisha was putting this in

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aye Juma, good stuff man. I was wondering why you were "reading Caribbean Belle and still had no time for facebook" :P now i see.

Gerard said...

Jumes, you need an agent bro.
(sigh) "For more information on Caribbean Belle magazine, visit the official website: www.caribbeanbelle.com. Or check leading bookstores to pick up your own copy."

Pink said...

I got my copy and when I see you I expect to get my autograph !!!!
(so when u become really famous one day I can sell it on e bay and make lots of $$
I hope no one takes my idea LOL
:-) )

Great work !!

Keep it up !!!

Oh yeah and give us more wedding pics so I can maco the decor and get some ideas for my wedding !!!

In pink would be even better !!!