Tuesday, August 7, 2007

From UWI life to Life Together

I documented the wedding of Ryan and (now) Diana Shripat last weekend.

They met at the University of the West Indies while studying.

Ryan and Diana are currently on their honeymoon, so the full gallery will be up in a week or so. I'll just show you one for now.

Ryan and Diana dancing at the reception, boy did they practice!

I met the mothers of them both just a couple weeks before the wedding and they seemed pretty excited about the wedding. (Hi Moms!)

The wedding was a mixture of Hindu and Western style but the thing that was maintained was the trip from the "boy's side" to the "girl's side" to do the ceremony and a reception and then back to the "boy's side" to finish up with another reception.

Weddings under Hindu rites are very emotional for both mothers, but more so for the mother of the groom because she has to stay at his house to prepare for his return, so she doesn't really get to see the ceremony. I could tell it was hard for Ryan's mom to see him go, but she was also very happy that he was finally getting married to the girl he loved so much.

When we got back to the groom's house, Ryan's mother was waiting very anxiously to see her newly married son and now officially, her new daughter.

When I entered the yard she met me and said to me right there "You know I wasn't able to go to the ceremony, I hope you captured everything"

I smiled at her and replied "The story will be told"

Then...She smiled...it was a smile that contrasted the cold evening rain with its warmth and just then it seemed a great weight was lifted off her, she briskly turned and hurried to continue preparations.

Its moments like these that are more valuable to me that anything someone can give for my services. Because this is more than work, its what I love to do.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwwwwwww... very sweet, i am so sure Ryan's mom will really fell as though she got to see the whole thing.